You may not belong to the Valentine’s Day fan club, but you can’t deny that it serves as an excellent excuse to escape your hustle bustle routine for a few days.
A getaway for two, to a nearby destination, is the best choice to surprise your significant other; to share moments of peace and relaxation, without the hassle the preparation of a longer trip to some other European destination surely requires.
Only three hours away from Athens, Laconian Mani has proven to be the ideal choice for a romantic weekend away. Homes shaped like towers, castle towns, ancient cities, lake caves, and beautiful beaches coexist to create the majestic beauty of the land, which combines mountain and sea and paints mesmerizing scenery for lovebirds.
Besides, Mani with its very own unique atmosphere, full of stone steps, winding paths, homes straight out of some fairy tale, arches and churches you can explore while walking hand-in-hand and enjoying your love. In this utopia of complete peace and calmness, from deep within crystal blue waters of the bay of Oitylo, Petra & Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa arises, for a romantic getaway that will remain etched in your memory and heart for a long time to come.
Before you begin your trip, make sure that:
- You choose one of the 23 rooms of high aesthetics with a view of the sea for your stay
- Get breakfast with a view of the bay of Oitylo in your room
- Make a reservation for a romantic dinner for two at Anerousa restaurant
- Make an appointment at Ioni Spa for a massage, sauna session or dip in the Jacuzzi
- Visit the surrounding villages of the area on a road trip which will fill your mind and memories with images of unsurpassable beauty.
How to get there
By car, via the Athens-Tripoli highway, make a turn at Tripoli for Sparta. The ride takes about 3 hours.