Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa is committed to securing the protection of your privacy. If we ask you to provide us with specific information that will allow you to identify yourself while you are browsing our website, you can be sure that this information will be used in accordance with, and solely with, the confidentiality policy described in the present statement.
What information we collect
While browsing our site, we may collect the following information:
- Contact details such as your name, surname, email address, phone number and home address,
- Demographic information such as country of residence, sex, age,
- Credit card details (card type, credit card number, card name, expiration date and security code),
- Visitor details such as arrival and departure dates, any special requests, comments on service preferences (including room, service or other preferences used)
- Information you voluntarily provide about your ads preferences when you participate in surveys, competitions, and promotions
You can always choose what kind of personal information you want to give us (and if you wish). However, if you choose not to provide us with some information, this may affect some of your transactions.
Data we collect automatically
When you use our website, we collect information automatically, some of which may be personal data. These include items such as language settings, IP address, location, device settings, device operating system, activity details, time of use, redirect URL, status report, user information, the browser, the browsing history, the user code on the Booking, the kind of data you’ve seen. We may also collect data through cookies.
Aims of Processing
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- A. Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and provide your online booking.
- B. Customer Service: We use personal data to provide customer service.
- C. Customer Comments: We may use your contact information to send you an email invitation to submit comments after your stay. As a result, you can help other travelers choose the accommodation that suits them most. If you post a comment, your comment may be posted on our website.
- D. Marketing Actions: We may also use your information for marketing actions as permitted by law. In cases where we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, such as promotional newsletters and promotional communications for new products and services or other offers that we believe may be of interest to you, we also include a delete link that you can use if you do not wish to you receive such messages from us in the future.
- E. Other Communications: There may be times when we can contact you by email, mail, telephone or text message, depending on the contact information you have shared with us. This can be done for a variety of reasons:
- We may need to respond to and manage requests you have submitted.
- If you have not completed your reservation online, we may send you a reminder email to continue your reservation. We believe that this extra service is useful as it allows you to continue your reservation without having to reopen the accommodation or fill in all your booking details from scratch.
- When using our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to write comments about your experience from our website. We believe that this additional service is useful for you as well as for us because, based on your comments, we will be able to improve our website.
- F. Analytical data, improvements and research: we use personal data for research and analytical purposes. We may instruct a third party to do so on our behalf. We may communicate or disclose the results of the investigation, inter alia, to third parties, in aggregate and anonymous form. We also use your personal information for purposes of analysis to improve our services and user experience as well as to improve the functionality and quality of the online travel services we offer.
- G. Safeguarding, detecting and preventing fraud: We use the information, which may include personal data, to prevent fraud and other illegal activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect cases of fraud. We can also use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including user authentication. For these purposes, personal data may be shared with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities, as allowed by applicable law, and external consultants.
- H. Legal Procedures and Compliance: In some cases, we need to use the information provided, which may include personal data, for managing and resolving legal disputes or complaints, for regulatory inquiries and compliance or for the implementation of the agreement or to comply with legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities to the extent required by law.
If we use automated means of processing personal data that have legal effects or that have a significant effect on you, we will take appropriate steps to protect your rights and freedoms.
How we use the information we collect
We gather this information to better understand your needs and provide you with the best possible service, aiming at:
- Maintaining internal files,
- The improvement of the services provided,
- Sending promotional emails to the personal address you provide to let you know about new products, special offers, or other updates we think you will find interesting,
- Communication for market research purposes,
- The ability to communicate with you in any way (email, phone, fax or mail) to inform you of your upcoming or past reservations
- Adapt the website to your personal interests.
- Concerning purposes A and B, personal data shall only be processed in so far as processing is necessary forthe performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract. . For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your data to fulfill our obligation to complete and provide the reservation, under our agreement.
- About C – H goals, we rely on our legitimate interests: we use the data for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best and most appropriate content for the website, email and newsletter to improve and promote our products and services, the content of our website, as well as for purposes of managing, detecting fraud and other legal purposes. When we use personal data to serve our legitimate interests, we always give priority to your rights and interests in protecting your data against our rights and interests.
- Regarding the purpose H, we also rely, where applicable, on our obligation to comply with current legislation.
If required by applicable law, we will ask for your consent before we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to opt out of the data processing referred to in terms C – F and you do not have direct access to an opt-out mechanism (for example, it does not exist in your account settings), please contact email@example.com.
Booking.com: We cooperate with Booking.com B.V., based on Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, Netherlands (www.booking.com) (hereinafter “Booking.com”) to offer you the online booking services. Therefore, the data you provide to Booking.com is then forwarded to our hotel website to finalize your online booking. The information may include personal information such as your name, your contact information, payment details, the names of your travel agents, and any preferences you have made when booking.
Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement authorities and other government authorities to the extent required by law or is strictly necessary to prevent, detect or prosecute criminal offenses and fraud.
International Data Transfers
We have taken all necessary steps to protect as much information as we collect online in order to keep your information secure and to prevent unauthorized access to or dissemination of such information,. We will never forward your personal information to third parties.
We implement reasonable procedures to prevent access to and misuse of information, including personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect information that includes personal data. We also apply security procedures and technical and physical limitations on access and use of personal data on our servers. Authorized personnel only have access to personal data in their work.
Cookie is a type of small file that requests permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you’ve given it permission, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze ‘web traffic’ or informs you whenever you visit a specific site. Cookies allow online applications to respond to you personally. This way, this app can customize its features according to your needs and choices, gathering and returning information about your preferences.
Cookies help us analyze data on the use of our website to improve our website and tailor it to the needs of each customer. The information we collect through cookies is used solely for statistical analysis purposes, leaving them out of the system as soon as the process is complete.
In general, cookies help provide you with a better website, making it easier for us to record which pages you consider useful and which you do not. Cookies do not give us access to your computer or other personal information other than those you choose to share with us.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to accept cookies. Most web browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can easily modify your browser settings so as not to accept cookies if you prefer. However, this option will prevent you from making full use of the features of our site.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other sites of interest. However, once you have followed any of these links, you should be aware that Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa does not have control over external sites.
Your choices and rights
We want you to know how we use your personal information. This can be achieved in the following ways:
- You may request a copy of your data that we maintain,
- You can notify us of any changes to your personal information or you may ask us to correct any of your information we hold,
- In some cases, you may ask us to delete or prevent or restrict the processing of your personal data that we maintain or disagree on specific ways of using your personal data; and
- In some cases, you may also ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party.
In cases where we use your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, in accordance with applicable law. In addition, in cases where we process your personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest, such as performance of a task carried out in the public interest, you have the right to express your disagreement at any time regarding this use of your personal data in accordance with applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal information is complete, correct and up-to-date. Please let us know in advance of any changes or inaccuracies in your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will handle your request in accordance with applicable law.
Control your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: whenever you are asked to fill out a form on the web page, look for the checkbox you can choose to indicate that you do not want this information to be used for promotional purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for purely promotional purposes and wish to differentiate your decision, you may contact us at any time at email@example.com
Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal data or if you want to exercise your rights under this policy, you may contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact your local data protection authority for any questions and complaints.
Changes to Policy
Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa will not sell, distribute, rent or disclose your personal information unless it is required to do so by law.
APPENDIX IN THE CONTEXT OF CONFORMITY WITH THE PROVISIONS OF 679/2018 GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
For individuals residing in the EEA, this appendix describes information that Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa is required to provide, as well as the rights you have regarding the processing of your personal data in accordance with applicable law. This Appendix will be checked to the extent that it is inconsistent with any provision in the main part of this Statement.
Data Controller: You can contact the Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa’s Data Controller via email at email@example.com.
The specific legal basis for processing your personal data is based on the purpose for which this data was collected:
Completing surveys is voluntary – we process the data obtained from surveys based on your consent and in order to promote our business interests, such as marketing, service improvements and statistics.
Collection during your stay at our premises:
-When you make a reservation and when you are staying at our hotel, we process the name, address, contact details, along with the details of your stay (day and time of arrival and departure, vehicle details and details of others traveling or staying with you) based on our contractual relationship with you. We also process this data for our business interests, such as marketing, service improvements, program management, statistics and personalization of services.
-We collect certain additional personal information when registering / checking in to our hotels (such as identity or passport information), so that we can comply with our legal obligations.
-We use a closed circuit TV and other security measures in our facilities that can capture or record images of customers and visitors in public places, as well as items related to your location while on our premises (via key cards and other technologies) to protect our staff, customers and visitors.
-We process personal data in relation to on-site services (such as reception services, gyms, spa, etc.) to provide services to you and fulfill our business interests such as marketing, service improvements, management of our programs, and statistics and personalization of services.
We process the personal data acquired in connection with your event, based on our contractual relationship with you and in order to promote our business interests such as marketing, service improvements, statistics and personalization of services.
Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa enables participation in various activities and connects you with special offers via social media. However, such social media participation is voluntary – we process the data obtained from your participation in social media on your consent and to promote our relevant business interests, such as marketing, service improvements, statistics and personalization of services.
We use your personal information to send you marketing messages based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent to direct marketing communications anytime by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the sign-up instructions in your marketing message.
Retention: We retain your personal data for the time necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected, usually for the duration of any contractual obligation and for any period thereafter, as required or permitted by law. Our retention data policies meet the limitation period and legal requirements.
Data Subject Rights: EEA residents have the following rights:
Rights of Access, Rectification and Erasure:
You have the right to:
▪ Ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal data
▪ Receive information about how your data is processed
▪ Get a copy of your personal information
▪ ask us to update or correct your personal data
▪ ask us to delete your personal information in some cases
Right to Object:
You have the right to ask Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa to stop processing your personal data:
▪ for marketing actions, such as creating profiles
▪ for statistical reasons
▪ when such processing is based on our legitimate business interests, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing, or we need to process your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
Right to restriction of processing:
You have the right to ask Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa to restrict the processing of your personal data:
▪ When assessing or responding to any request of yours for updating or correcting your personal data,
▪ when this processing is illegal, but you do not wish to delete your data from Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa,
▪ When Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa no longer requires this information, but you wish us to maintain it for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim,
▪ when you object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate business interests, while our response to your request is pending,
When we restrict the processing of your personal data on your request, we will let you know before resuming this process.
Right to Data Portability:
You have the right to ask us or a third party to provide you with certain personal data in a widely used form machine readable via e-mail at email@example.com. Please note, however, that data portability rights apply only to personal data that we have acquired directly from you and only if processing is based on your consent or contract signing. We will respond to all requests within 30 days after receiving your request, unless it is impossible for reasons of force majeure, so it may take up to 60 days for us to respond. We will let you know if we are going to delay our response for more than 30 days. Please note, however, that some personal data may be excluded from these rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Additionally, we will not respond to any request unless we are able to ascertain the identity of the applicant. We may charge you a reasonable charge for the corresponding copies of the data you requested.
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or the exercise of your rights, you can either contact Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa at firstname.lastname@example.org or the supervisory authority in your Member State of residence.
Right of Withdrawal of Consent:
You have the right to withdraw your consent for any processing we carry out solely based on your consent (such as sending direct marketing material to your personal e-mail account). You can withdraw your consent to marketing actions by following the instructions in all our marketing emails or by contacting email@example.com.
For further clarification regarding the processing of your personal data by Petra Kai Fos Boutique Hotel & Spa, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.